Cyber Security & Awareness Video Series: Part 1 — Being Social Online
Erica Brown (Learning & Organizational Development Program Manager) and Michael Leroy (Coordinator, Networks and Operations) discuss being social online in part one of the Cyber Security & Awareness Video Series.
- How to recognize a Phishing/SPAM attack
- What are some different kinds of phishing attacks
- What to do if you have fallen victim to a phishing attack?
- Creating a Strong Password
- use phrases, or random generators
- don’t recycle old passwords
- use separate passwords for separate services
- consider using a password management utility
- Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA)
- What is MFA, and how does it work to protect you
- How to sign up for MFA at BU
- Search for MFA on your other personal services (eg. Banks, social media sites)