IT Security News
- Online Shopping Tips (11/22/2021)
- Cyber Security Awareness Month — Part 4: Keeping Our Families Safe Online (10/29/2021)
- Cyber Security Awareness Month — Part 3: Secure Connections For Working Remotely (10/18/2021)
- Cyber Security Awareness Video Series: Part 2 — Keeping Data Secure (10/11/2021)
- Cyber Security & Awareness Video Series: Part 1 — Being Social Online (10/4/2021)
Here at BU we take IT Security very seriously. We take an enormous amount of measures to protect the BU Community from Cyber Attacks, but we can’t do it alone. Everyone has a hand in protecting themselves, their colleagues, and their family.
There are a few easy best practices to follow to protect yourself online, click the links to learn more about each topic below or visit the Canadian Centre for Cyber Security Get Cyber Safe Website.
- Sign up for our Multi-Factor Authentication system by contacting the Brandon University Helpdesk
- Use a Strong Password
- Never give any personal information away.
- Like passwords, social insurance numbers, credit card or banking info, etc.
- Keep your Data Secure.
- Stick to known secure websites. You can tell they are secure by looking at the URL and insuring it starts with HTTPS://.
- Ex: https://www.google.ca is secure.
- Update or patch your devices.
- Most updates contain security upgrades that will keep you protected.
- Run Anti-Virus or Anti-Malware software on your devices.
- Know how to spot Phishing, Vishing, SMShing, or Pharming attacks.
- Protect your personal information from Identity Theft or Fraud