Cyber Security Awareness Month — Part 3: Secure Connections For Working Remotely
Erica Brown (Learning & Organizational Development Program Manager) and Michael Leroy (Coordinator, Networks and Operations) discuss secure connections for working remotely in part three of the Cyber Security & Awareness Video Series.
- Ensure home WiFi is using WPA2
- Set your own passwords for home equipment.
- Reduce WiFi coverage if it extends beyond your property.
- Enable a guest network if you have guests
- Consider adding CIRA DNS settings on your home router or each device individually.
- When using Public WiFi avoid doing anything sensitive and use VPN if possible.
- Pay attention to your surroundings. People looking at your screen.
- Look for secure sites and secure connections. (https)
- Keep Antivirus, and device software up to date.
- Use MFA for any of your services that support it.