Brandon University School of Music offers a wide variety of degree programs at the undergraduate and graduate levels. New programs include jazz studies and composition.
Three Undergraduate degrees are offered:
- Music Education
Two Master of Music degrees are offered:
- Major in Performance
- Music Education.
- Learn more about the application process
- apply to the School of Music
- register for your Entrance Audition
There are four departments in the School of Music:
- The Applied Department is responsible for the performance program, including jazz studies;
- the Music Research Department is responsible for the honour’s program, including composition;
- the Joint Department of Music Education (administered jointly by the School of Music and Faculty of Education) is responsible for the concurrent and specialist music education programs; and
- the Graduate Music Department is responsible for the master’s programs in performance & literature and in music education.
Each department has a chair – Dr. Leanne Zacharias is Chair of the Applied Department; Dr. Colette Simonot-Maiello is Chair of the Music Research Department, Dr. Sheelagh Chadwick and Dr. Sheila Scott are Co-Chairs of the Joint Department of Music Education, and Professor Kerry DuWors is the Chair of the Graduate Music Department.