The School of Music offers studies leading to the Master of Music degree in two areas:
MMus (Performance & Literature)
The Master of Music (Performance and Literature) is intended to develop a professional expertise in performance or composition, with additional emphasis on general literature and pedagogical practices.
This program requires 30 credit hours of coursework. Typical time to completion is two years of full-time study. Brandon University offers MMus (Performance and Literature) in the following areas:
- Collaborative Piano
- Choral Music/Choral Conducting
- Wind Band/Instrumental Conducting
MMus (Music Education)
The Master of Music (Music Education) offers teachers the opportunity for advanced study with practical emphasis in elementary music, choral music, or instrumental music.
Brandon University offer two distinct routes for completion of the MMus (Music Education). Both require 30 credit hours of coursework:
- Research Project Route
- Thesis Route
Degree Requirements for:
- MMus in Performance and Literature (Piano, Collaborative Piano, Strings, Clarinet, Trumpet and Low Brass)
- MMus in Performance and Literature (Composition and Jazz)
- MMus in Performance and Literature (Wind Band/Instrumental Conducting)
- MMus in Performance and Literature (Choral Conducting)
- MMus Ed (Research or Thesis Route)
Printable Applications and Documents
The application deadline is FEBRUARY 1st for admission in September.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as early as possible. Only complete applications will be considered.
- Masters of Music Program Application Form (Performance and Literature)
- Masters of Music Program Application Form (Music Education)
- Check list for Supporting Documents for Application
- Referee form
Program Procedures and Forms: