Domestic Admissions Guide
How To Apply:
- Fill out the online application form, including all secondary and post-secondary institutions attended/currently attending. Communications from the Admissions Office are sent by email. Use an email account that you check regularly and add us to your safe-sender list.
- Pay the non-refundable application fee of $70.00 CAD (Domestic) or $140.00 CAD (International). Fee is subject to change without notice.
- The Admissions Office will email you a document request once your application is received and processed. Have all requested documents sent to the Admissions Office by the Application Deadline. The application and document deadline are the same date. Understand which Domestic required documents or International required documents you may need to submit.
- Your applicant file will be assessed for admissibility when all required documents and the application fee are received. Note that additional documents may be requested during the assessment process.
- Admission decisions are communicated via email.
Communications from the Admissions Office will be sent by email. When applying, use an email account that you check regularly and add us to your safe-sender list.
If someone will be assisting you with the application process and you wish for the Admissions Office to release information to that person, please fill out the Authorization to Release Information & Proxy Consent Form
Official documents must be sent directly from the high school or post-secondary institution in a sealed envelope or by email from a verifiable institutional email address. Applicants can send an official transcript to the Admissions Office or submit the document in person, providing the official transcript remains in the original sealed envelope from the institution.
Documents in a language other than English must be accompanied by a certified English translation and sent in an envelope sealed and signed by the translator. The certified translator must indicate in writing that they received the transcripts in a sealed envelope.
The Admissions Office may require a scanned copy of ID documents such as a marriage certificate, birth certificate, driver’s license, or passport to confirm name change or proof of age. Do not send originals.
English Language Proficiency
All applicants regardless of citizenship status or country of origin are required to demonstrate English language proficiency to be considered for admission. There are twelve ways meet Brandon University’s approved English language proficiency requirement. If you are required to provide proof of English language proficiency to complete your application, you will receive an email from the Admissions Office.
English language proficiency results must be sent directly from the Testing Centre, except TOEFL which can be sent electronically through TOEFL (ETS), and IELTS which can be verified online using your TRF.
After You Apply
When your application is received and processed, the Admissions Office will email you a document request that lists the specific documents required to complete your application. The application and document deadline are the same date. Documents will not be requested on or after the deadline. We encourage you to apply as early as possible ahead of posted deadlines.
It is important to order all secondary and post-secondary transcripts well in advance of the deadlines to ensure they arrive on time. Official transcripts must be submitted directly from the degree granting institution or examination authority to the Admissions Office.
Transcripts submitted become the property of Brandon University and are not returned to applicants.
Application & Documents Arriving After the Deadline
An application or document arriving after the August 15 deadline for first term (September) will automatically be considered for second term (January). If the application or documents arrive after the December 1 deadline for second term (January), applicants will be required to reapply and submit the non-refundable application fee to be considered for the next academic year.
Congratulations! For all your next steps to join us at BU, including set-up of your student ID and BU email, and the course registration process, visit our Accepted Students website.