Check-in weekend starts September 1st, 2022. We will not be accepting early arrivals unless pre-approved by the Residence Manager.
Students will be emailed a Move-In Guide in July, which will explain ways on how to best prepare for the move, how to book your move-in time and the expectations of the student.
Before you Move In
Remember your Student Number and BU Email Address. You will need to know your Student Number many times throughout the move in process and all important information from our office will go
to your BU email. If you do not know your Student Number or BU Email,
- Pay for Your First term of Residence and Meal Plan: For ways to make a payment please visit: www.brandonu.ca/pay.
- You will not be permitted to check into your residence room if fees are not paid.
- All students who are sponsored or waiting on student loans should contact our office with this information, prior to your arrival. Payments made via online banking, wire transfers or using a 3rd party payment option, after August 15 should also send the confirmation of payment receipt to firstname.lastname@example.org as the payment may not reach your BU account in time.
- Purchase your Parking Pass: If you have vehicle, you can apply online for parking . Information on Parking can be found here
- Be sure to purchase renters insurance to protect your belongings.
- Apply online for your Student ID here
- Connect with your roommate (if applicable) to arrange who is bringing larger shared items: To find out who your roommate is please contact us at email@example.com.
- If you would not like your contact information shared with your roommate please let us know.
- Review the Brandon City transit map, found here
- Review and sign your Residence Agreement.
When is it?
Regardless of the time of year you move in, you will need to notify our office of the date and time you intend on moving in. Instructions on how to make this appointment will be sent to your BU student email (or the equivalent in the case of non BU Students).
Where to park?
Please review the campus map, which can be found here
The residence street address for mapping your way here on a GPS is:
270 18th Street Brandon MB, Canada R7A 6A9
Parking is monitored from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm Monday to Friday. We suggest you park in loading zone for a short period of time until you are checked in and your parking is sorted.
Where to check-in?
All check-ins after our check-in weekend will be at the Ancillary Services Office, located on the main floor of McMaster Hall.
If you are checking in during business hours and need assistance, call the Residence Office 204-727-9761
If you are checking in outside business hours and need assistance, call the RA on Duty at 204-724-2263