Move in Guide
Your guide to moving in to BU Residence. Please review!
Check-in Weekend: September 1st and 2nd
Check-in weekend starts September 1st, 2023. We will not be accepting early arrivals unless pre-approved by the Residence Manager. We are no longer accepting Early Arrival Requests.
All check-in need to be pre-booked. Instructions on how to make this booking will be sent to your BU student email (or the equivalent in the case of non BU Students).
Where to park?
Please review the campus map, which can be found here
The residence street address for mapping your way here on a GPS is:
270 18th Street Brandon MB, Canada R7A 6A9
Parking passes will be required after Check-In weekend.
Where to check-in?
During check-in weekend, students will meet our team at Harvest Hall.
All check-ins after our check-in weekend will be at the Ancillary Services Office, located on the main floor of McMaster Hall.
If you are checking in outside business hours and need assistance, call the RA on Duty at 204-724-2263
Before you Move In
Remember your Student Number and BU Email Address. You will need to know your Student Number many times throughout the move in process and all important information from our office will go
to your BU email. If you do not know your Student Number or BU Email,
- Pay for Your First term of Residence and Meal Plan: For ways to make a payment please visit: www.brandonu.ca/pay.
- You will not be permitted to check into your residence room if fees are not paid.
- All students who are sponsored or waiting on student loans should contact our office with this information, prior to your arrival. Payments made via online banking, wire transfers or using a 3rd party payment option, after August 15 should also send the confirmation of payment receipt to firstname.lastname@example.org as the payment may not reach your BU account in time.
- Purchase your Parking Pass: If you have vehicle, you can apply online for parking . Information on Parking can be found here
- Be sure to purchase renters insurance to protect your belongings.
- Apply online for your Student ID here
- Connect with your roommate (if applicable) to arrange who is bringing larger shared items: To find out who your roommate is please contact us at email@example.com.
- If you would not like your contact information shared with your roommate please let us know.
- Review the Brandon City transit map, found here
- Review and sign your Residence Agreement.