Student Printing for iOS
This will focus on the iPhone side, but it will generally be the same identical process on an iPad.
If you are using an iPhone or iPad, make sure you are connected to the BU_Wireless wifi. Printing will not work if you are connected to other wi-fi network names at BU (BU Guests, BU_Residence, or others) If you need help connecting to the BU_Wireless wifi please visit this link or visit the HelpDesk for assistance.
On your iPhone or iPad, select and open the document or image that you would like to print. This may vary depending on the application and document. For this guide, we are using an email.
- Click the arrow on the bottom of your screen.
- Click Print.
- Click on Select Printer.
- Now you will need to select the printer queue. Options are:
- 01_BU_Student_BW queue is used for Black & White printing only
- 01_BU_Student_Colour queue is used for Color printing only
- Do not select any other printers from the list. The 2 printer queues above are the only ones available for BU Students to print to when using these instructions.
- On your phone, enter your BU Account Username (not your BU Email address) and your BU Account Password when prompted, and now your printjob will be in the release queue.
- Go to one of the designated BU Student Printer Release Stations (typically a computer directly beside a student printer) and login using your BU Username and Password.
- The current release station and printer for the 01_BU_Student_Color queue is located in the BU Library 1st floor printing area.
- All other BU Student Printer Release Stations will only accept and show print jobs that you sent to 01_BU_Student_BW printing queue.
- From here you can choose to print or cancel one document, a select few or all of print jobs.
- Your documents should be at the printer located nearby the printer release station.