Student Printing for macOS
Computer Operating System Requirements:
MacOS X 10.10 or newer
If you are using a MacOS laptop, make sure you are connected to the BU_Wireless wifi. Printing will not work if you are connected to other wi-fi network names at BU (BU Guests, BU_Residence, or others) If you need help connecting to the BU_Wireless wifi please visit this link or visit the HelpDesk for assistance.
- Click on the Apple Menu and click on System Preferences.
- Select Printers & Scanners.
- Select the plus icon under the printer list.
- Add the printer that you would like to use. Options Are:
- 01_BU_Student_BW queue is used for Black & White printing only
- 01_BU_Student_Colour queue is used for Color printing only
- Do not select any other printers from the list. The 2 printer queues above are the only ones available for BU Students to print to when using these instructions.
- Make sure that Use is set to “Secure AirPrint” and click add. You will need to repeat these steps for every printer that you want to use.
- The printer will now be available from the list of printers intstalled.
With the software installed you may now print to the BU Student Printers. Proceed to open the document/file you would like to print. Depending on the document, this process may vary. For this guide, we will using a Microsoft Word Document.
- Click on file on the Apple menu then click Print.
- Select whether you would like to print to the Colour printer queue or to the Black and White printer queue by selecting it from the list. Then click print.
- Send the job to the printing queue by using your BU Account Username (your email address will not work) and BU Password.
- Go to one of the designated BU Student Printer Release Stations (typically a computer directly beside a student printer) and login using your BU username and password.
- The current release station and printer for the 01_BU_Student_Color queue is located in the BU Library 1st floor printing area.
- All other BU Student Printer Release Stations will only accept and display print jobs sent to 01_BU_Student_BW printing queue.
- From here you can choose to Print or Cancel any pending
When you have the job selected and press Print, your documents should be printed out at the nearest printer.