Basic technology requirements for online learning
Basic technology is required for learning in the online environment.
Laptop or desktop computer
- MAC with OSX 10.11 or later / Windows 10
- Extended warranty recommended for laptops and all portable devices
- Webcam for synchronous activities
- Headset/Speakers for synchronous activities
- Minimum 4 mbps recommended
- 10 mbps down / 1 mbps up recommended for synchronous activities and if multiple users in same house (e.g. Netflix and Zoom running at same time)
- Test your internet speed on speedtest.net or fast.com
Students unable to obtain IT resources due to financial hardship or other accessibility need should reach out to Student Services as a limited number of laptops are available through the BU Laptop Loan Program.