Campus Antivirus Installation
Installing Kaspersky Antivirus
Kaspersky Antivirus is the current campus Antivirus. It is licensed so that you may have it installed on any Brandon University owned computer.
- Connect to the BU network and open “Computer” or “My Computer”
- Open the M: and then Anti-virus Install
- Open the newest Kasperskysetup.exe file to begin installing Kaspersky.
- Click on “start installation”
- Reboot your computer when the installation is complete
- Open Kaspersky and click “update” and run the Definition update
- Reboot the computer again when the update is complete.
If it fails, contact the BU Helpdesk at extension 500.
If you have Kaspersky installed, these programs should be removed:
- microsoft security essentials
- avast antivirus
- mcaffee security scan
- norton security scan
- spybot search & destroy
Having any of these installed along with Kaspersky can make computers slower as some of these programs will wrestle with each other for control.
You should be able to remove any of those programs through “Uninstall programs” (Win7) within the control panel of Windows. (To get to the control panel, click the start button and then control panel on the right side)
A few other programs you can remove (unless you know that you actually use them) are:
- Ask toolbar
- yahoo toolbar
- msn toolbar
- google toolbar
- babylon toolbar