Brandon University employs academic faculty, administration and support staff. The majority of regular employees are in certified bargaining units of which there are four listed below. Brandon University also employs sessional lecturers and field experience supervisors and short-term employees.
To access a seniority list for the respective unions, please click here.
Brandon University Faculty Association (BUFA)
BUFA represents all members of the academic and instructional staff including lab instructors, cartographers, counsellors, professional librarians, continuing education specialists, and all other staff directly related to the teaching process, excluding deans.
Memorandums of Agreement:
- Article 7.1 (b) – Minimum Requirement for Advertisement of Position
- Article 7.15 (c) – Right of First Refusal – Field Experience in Education
- Article 7.16 – Right of First Refusal- Health Studies
- Appendix D (D.1.2) – Indigenous Student Transition Program Coordinator
- Appendix D (D.1.2) – Indigenous Student Transition Program Coordinator v2
- Appendix J (J.8) – U Sports Tenure and Promotion
- Sessional Secondment without Stipend
- Article 7.20 (c) – Clarify Member for Spousal Appointment Clause
- Article 21 Holiday Closure
- Definitions (Academic Experience and Academic Environment)
- IA Workload
- Term Conversion for Continuing Appointments
Memorandums of Understanding:
- Articles 8.7.1 to 8.7.3 – AA Qualifications for Appointment and Reclassification
- Article 21.34 – Sabbatical Calculation
- COVID-19 Outbreak
- COVID-19 Outbreak Impact on Sessionals
- COVID-19 and Sabbatical Leaves
- Student Accessibility Specialist Position Description
- Workload and Technologically Mediated Courses in Fall 2020 (COVID-19 Pandemic)
- Workload and Technologically Mediated Courses – 2021 Spring-Summer Term (COVID-19 pandemic)
- COVID-19 Spring Summer Evaluations
- Workload and Technologically Mediated Courses in Winter 2021 (COVID-19 Pandemic)
- Fall 2020 Evaluation of Teaching
- Sessional Development Funds
- Extended Sabbatical Application Deadline
- PDA Carry Forward
- Covid 19 Impact
- Evaluation of Teaching (Winter, Spring and Summer Terms 2021)
- Process for Appointment of Spouses
- Health Studies Hourly Sessional Rate of Pay
- Transition to Reopening during Fall Term 2021 (COVID-19 Pandemic)
- PLAR and Challenge Exams (Amended)
- Transition to Reopening during Winter Term 2022 (COVID-19 Pandemic)
- Evaluation of Teaching (Winter Term 2022)
- Transition to Re-opening during Spring /Summer Term 2022 (Covid-19 Pandemic)
- PLAR Challenge Exam Remuneration
- Research Facilitator – Faculty of Health Studies
- Professional Associate Positions – Student Services
- Administrative Associate Positions – Student Services
- University Archivist
- Student Engagement Officer
Manitoba Government and General Employees’ Union (MGEU)
MGEU represents the clerical, library, technical and food service non-academic staff.
Memorandums of Understanding:
International Union of Operating Engineers Local 987 (IUOE A)
IUOE (A) represents the power engineers and journeyman trade employees.
International Union of Operating Engineers Local 987 (IUOE D)
IUOE (D) represents the cleaners, building service workers, and groundskeepers.
Public Service Alliance of Canada Local 55601 (PSAC)
PSAC represents the Research Assistants, Student Assistants, Academic Residence Assistants, Student Ambassadors, Tutors and all other student employees.
Rates of pay consistent with the September 1, 2021 – August 31, 2022 period were implemented January 15, 2022 and paid with the February 11, 2022 pay period.
Retroactive pay for the period of September 1, 2020 – January 14, 2022 will be paid by April 8, 2022.
- PSAC Collective Agreement 2020-24
- Letter of Agreement: Student Residence Assistants
- Student Assistants I-IV Job Descriptions
- Research Assistants I-IV Job Descriptions