There are approximately four hundred regular employees at Brandon University, of whom approximately two hundred are academic staff and the rest are administration and support staff. The majority of regular employees (92%) are in certified bargaining units of which there are four listed below. In the past year we also employed over 260 sessional lecturers and field experience supervisors and over 560 short-term employees.
To access a seniority list for the respective unions, please click here.
Brandon University Faculty Association (BUFA)
BUFA represents all members of the academic and instructional staff including lab instructors, cartographers, counsellors, professional librarians, continuing education specialists, and all other staff directly related to the teaching process, excluding deans.
- BUFA Agreement
- MOA April 20 2018 Student Accessibility Associate
- MOA June 30 2017 Supervision of Field Experience in the PENT Program
- MOA March 23 2017 Tracking the Right of First Refusal
- MOA November 30 2016 Reclassification of Position IA to AA in Health Studies
- MOA October 25 2016 Reclassification of Position IA to AA in Health Studies
- MOA October 25 2016 Indigenous Student Success Officer
- MOA September 29 2016 Amended Job Title and Description SAC
- MOA July 13 2016 Composition of BURC
- MOA May 25 2016 Learning Technology Specialist
- MOA May 25 2016 First-Year Outreach Pilot Project Coordinator (Dauphin)
- MOA May 16 2016 UCN shared Position of PA (Faculty of Science)
- MOA April 12 2016 Chair of the University Research Committee
- MOA December 9 2015 Supervision of Field Experience in the Faculties of Music and Education
- MOA November 16 2015 Relocation Expenses
- MOA April 12 2015 Director, Centre for Aboriginal and Rural Education Studies (CARES)
- 2015 Appendix C, New IA Job Descriptions
- B.2.5. Director, Office of International Activities
Manitoba Government and General Employees’ Union (MGEU)
MGEU represents the clerical, library, technical and food service non-academic staff.
International Union of Operating Engineers Local 987 (IUOE A)
IUOE (A) represents the power engineers and journeyman trade employees.
International Union of Operating Engineers Local 987 (IUOE D)
IUOE (D) represents the cleaners, building service workers, and groundskeepers.
Public Service Alliance of Canada Local 55601 (PSAC)
PSAC represents the Research Assistants, Student Assistants, Academic Residence Assistants, Student Ambassadors, Tutors and all other student employees.